The first review of YOGA SONG by Mary is now published on Amazon. Thank you, Mary! If you have read YOGA SONG, please go to Amazon and add your review.
From Chapter 7 “A Child Leads,” in YOGA SONG
A toddler’s openness and enthusiasm mean they don’t distinguish between yoga or weightlifting, and they don’t compartmentalize yoga as either fitness or enlightenment; they simply see it as something adults are doing and they join because it looks fun and natural. The example of children will benefit yogis to do what they do:
1. embody the song this is fun.’
2. practice when they want and quit when they want
3. receive a gift more profound than they can imagine
4. relieve self from the punishing drive for perfection or correctness
5. practice and let yoga flow, allowing it to bloom when the conditions are right
6. learn by copying what others do and enjoy, doing so to the best of our ability
7. forget about evaluation or comparison, rather be fully present to enjoy the moment
More where this came from by going to Amazon or Barnes and Noble to order YOGA songs.